- THE ENEMY: Ocean Plastics
- LAUNCH DATE: 23 November 2020
- END DATE: 30 November 2020
- LENGTH: 8 days – one for every million metric tonnes of plastic added to our oceans each year!
Marine Conservation Campaign
- There are currently 150 million metric tonnes of plastic in our oceans – while that number is growing rapidly!
- You see it can take up to 1000 years for plastic to break down naturally and even then it only breaks down into microplastics –
- Microplastics (smaller than 5mm or 0.2 inches) break down into toxic components, poisoning our sealife and drinking water
- So, how do you remove tiny plastics out of the vast ocean? We have a problem on our hands!
- iDiveblue’s motto is #everythingocean but we cannot claim to live that motto out while our oceans look the way they do
- So, as the Brothers of iDiveblue, we have stepped in and set up our flagship conservation campaign: Going Blue
- Going Blue is an anti-plastic campaign intent on building community around ocean-based change
- Our attention rests on education, prevention, and rehabilitation
- Going Blue is currently in talks with some of our Ocean’s finest nonprofit organzations
- Once we have found the right partner, we will dedicate this campaign to aiding them in their pursuit for plastic-free oceans
- We will back the campaign up with authentically-crafted content, and videos in the hopes of reaching a global audience
- Furthermore – we pledge to make a sizeable donation to back up our efforts
- We are here to help and all are welcome!
- Join in & follow iDiveblue or #goingbluerevolution on social media to find out more