- THE ENEMY: Ocean Plastics
- NPO PARTNER: Clean C
- LAUNCH DATE: 5 December 2020
- END DATE: 12 December 2020
- LENGTH: 8 days – one for every million metric tonnes of plastic added to our oceans each year!
- There are currently 150 million metric tonnes of plastic in our oceans – while that number is growing rapidly!
- You see it can take up to 1000 years for plastic to break down naturally and even then it only breaks down into microplastics
- Microplastics (smaller than 5mm or 0.2 inches) break down into toxic components, poisoning our sealife and drinking water
- So, how do you remove tiny plastics out of the vast ocean? We have a problem on our hands!
- iDiveblue’s motto is #everythingocean but we cannot claim to live that motto out while our oceans look the way they do
- So, as the Brothers of iDiveblue, we have stepped in and set up our flagship conservation campaign: Going Blue
- Going Blue is an anti-plastic campaign intent on building community around ocean-based change
- Our attention rests on education, prevention, and rehabilitation
- iDiveblue is incredibly proud to announce their Partner for the Going Blue Campaign – Clean C
- Clean C are a non-profit organization that organizes Beach Cleanups & Recyling Initiatives under a holistic grassroots backdrop dedicated to Community
- Going Blue have committed their resources to aid Clean C in their pursuit of Plastic-free Oceans and Community Upliftment
- We will support the campaign with authentically-crafted content, social media love, and many man hours in the hopes of reaching a global audience
- Furthermore – we pledge to make a sizeable donation once the campaign wraps up
- We are here to help and all are welcome
- Join in & follow iDiveblue on social media
- Or follow our hashtags to find out more!